Securing admission in the Australian universities is a pretty competitive process and takes a very focused effort. Here is all you need to know about the requirements and application procedure to study in Australia.
Australia is praised for its focused and practical education system and world class infrastructure. The eligibility requirements and admission procedures for international students may differ from one higher education or VET provider to another. Let’s find out all the important requirements and criteria-
Eligibility for Australian University
Majority accept the 3-year graduation system for entry into most postgraduate courses, ie, Indian bachelor degree like B.A., B.Com. or B.Sc. is equivalent to an Australian Bachelor Degree.
You need to provide details if your education including your course subjects and grades in the application.
An official transcript from each college or university that you have attended after secondary school with complete details of the subjects, credits involved and other details like correspondence courses, diplomas etc.
An attested copy of the following:
- Standard X Mark sheet
- Standard XII Mark sheet
- Bachelor Degree / Provisional Certificate with mark sheet
Inquiries regarding application must be sent at least 12-15 months before the proposed date of admission. You can obtain the application forms through the following ways:
Via email: Request application forms from the universities website.
Downloading from the university website: Most universities websites provide downloadable and ready to print versions of their application forms.
Getting applications from University Representatives: You can also obtain the application forms from various authorised representatives of Australian Universities in India.
- Secondary and higher secondary certificate along with the transcripts of the final exams.
IELTS and GMAT exam scorecard for students applying for MBA must be provided. The minimum scores in IELTS and GMAT exam varies from university to university. If you are applying for an MBA degree or a degree in higher education like doctoral programs. A detailed CV is mandatory.
- A statement of purpose or personal essay mentioning career goals, interests, extracurricular activities, and why you have chosen the particular stream and how you will manage financially during the stay in Australia.
- Letter of recommendation (two recommended) from the person who has taught you or knows you professionally, highlighting the strengths weaknesses of yours and why you would excel in the chosen field, also needs to be provided.
- Register for all required admission tests to Australian universities well beforehand.
- Australia is an English-speaking country so you must take an English language proficiency test. IELTS is the only English proficiency exam accepted by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
- In case, you want to pursue post-graduation through an MBA program in Australian universities or B-schools, as a result you are required to take the GMAT.
After applying to the shortlisted universities along with submitting the relevant documents and other application requirements; you can now wait as it usually takes a week’s time to get a reply from the university.
The student visa you need depends on your chosen course of study. The typical key requirements you will need to meet are:
- An electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate.
- Meet the Genuine Temporary Entrant requirement.
- Sufficient funds for airfares, course fees, and living costs.
- English language proficiency.
- Meet health and character requirements.
- Acceptable Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC).
That’s all folks! As Australian Colleges attracts a huge number of international students owing to its high living standard with relatively lower expenses, we are sure that this article will be helpful for you if you have Australia in mind.